Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Signs of the Times in Oregon--July 2013

I never finished my blog posts last summer, but I am determined to tell you a little more about our visit to Oregon last year before I move on to new subjects. So bear with me--I LOVE the Oregon coast!!
We found such interesting signs on our trip to Oregon. Notice they are open 8:30-3:ish!


This sign lists the days they are 'usually closed'.


We liked this one. I guess not everyone is used to being in nature.


That is what I love about Oregon--being in nature. The hydrangeas are beautiful. 



They make Brent and I smile!


 Of course just being together made us smile!


 I love the rugged beauty of Oregon.


 The rocks and ocean views.




Oregon is a great place to build family ties.





And it wouldn't be Oregon without lighthouses.


Just so you know, I didn't built this driftwood hut, but it was fun to take my picture by it!


There was lots of great driftwood on the beach. I was proud of myself for only bringing home one piece--not this large however. When I finish the flowerbed I want it in, I'll post a photo on my blog--hopefully this year!


 Brent and I went for a walk along the trail near the highway. It was so beautiful and it seemed so nice to spend some time together. We even took a selfie together! (But I really wouldn't say we are 'with' the times.)




 This is the view from of our beloved beach at Yachats. It always makes my heart sing--and ache just a bit knowing it will be a while before I get back. I like to see it when I first go, and at the end of the trip I have to make one last visit to the beach to hold in my heart until I can come back.