Julie and James gave us a call on Sunday, May 2nd telling us that Julie was at the hospital. She was in the hallway at church talking to someone when she realized that her water had probably broken. It was only a few hours later that little Joseph Adam was born. He was born at 7:12p.m.
As usual, I have made a blogging mistake, and the first photo you are seeing is not of little Joseph, the star of this blog, but on Elise watching her fish. They aren't even real fish to boot. Julie was given this toy at her baby shower. It has the same fish moving across the screen on a loop. Julie wasn't sure that it would seem that fun to Elise, but she was mesmerized by it. Each night she wanted to watch the fish as she went to sleep. I thought it was hilarious to see how much she loved these fish.

Now a photo of little Joseph. You can certainly tell he looks like his daddy. Like his daddy he has dark hair, dark eyes, a cleft in the chin , round little cheeks, and loves food.

He is such a sweet little personality. Very easy going and sweet. The day after I got there we took him to his Dr. appointment, and afterwards, while we were out, we stopped at the library where Julie works to show him off. I think both Joseph AND Julie look adorable.

Of course, Elise knows everyone at the library. When she climbed up into Julie's office chair to sit at her desk, you could tell that she owns the place!! She settled right in very quickly. I think she must think it is her desk.

I thought this shirt that Joseph has announcing that he is the little brother was perfect. Elise seemed a little jealous of all the attention that Joseph was getting, but once she realized that she was the 'big sister' she liked that just fine. She has to be reminded to 'beep' his nose not 'honk' it (touch the end of his nose gently, not squeezing his nose) and not to steal his Binky. Julie said that she likes to do what Joseph is doing. If he is supposed to get undressed at the Dr.'s office, Elise wants to too. She tried to put on Joseph's clothes one day when Julie found her. She just finds everything about him interesting. But I think she is doing very well being the big sister.

While I was there we gave Joseph his first bath. He didn't like it too much until we got to the washing his hair part. He loved the feeling of the warm water on his head. Doesn't he look like he's enjoying it here? I'll add a little video of Elise helping with the bath at the end.

While Julie was in the hospital, workmen came to their home that Monday to install a new furnace and air conditioner. They had an old, noisy one that they replaced. The workmen took longer than expected. And when they left, this is what was left behind. The bottom part is the new venting, but the top part will need to be repaired. Julie wants to make a bookcase in the top part--what else! We are planning on going out this summer so Brent and Matthew can see the baby, and Brent can help them with this or another project or two then. It seems like when you buy a house, there is always a project!

I didn't get out of work at their house either. I made crib sheets, bumper pads, a crib skirt, and a nursing cover. It was mother's day while I was out there. Julie stayed home, but James, Elise and I went to church together. They gave the mothers chocolate chip cookies for mother's day. After church James cooked us dinner. He made us salmon and corn on the cob. It was delicous. I decided the least I could do to show my appreciation was to bake James an apple pie. I say James, but we all enjoyed it. Julie liked it for breakfast--she's like her grandma. Her motto is, "Life is short, eat dessert first."
And this is my favorite photo--me with Elise and little Joseph. What could be better!