Sunday, June 6, 2010

New Babies everywhere

It's been a busy May! But I am not very capable with posting yet, so the first shall be last and the last shall be first. I think little Joseph will be a whole new post. So here is my trip to Arizona first.


Little Lena Lou Bigelow was born Monday, May 17, 2010. She was born at home at 3:57p.m. She was a breech birth but everything went well. Aren't they a cute little family: I didn't get there until Tuesday night. I arrived by car. My sister-in-law Lyn drove down with me. It was so fun to spend eleven uninterrupted hours talking to our hearts content. About an hour out of Mesa, the car's check engine light went on. We were able to get to Mesa without problem, but I felt bad later to hear that when she took it to the shop she ended up having to have $1600 worth of work done on it.

Jill and I got up early one morning and took Lena with us to the airport. Jill's friend, Emily, (from High School) had come to Utah for her brother's wedding. On her way home, she had a layover at the airport in Phoenix, which is only about 10 minutes from Jill's place. So we dressed up little Lena in this cute little dress to show her off. We had a fun visit. It wasn't as fun for Todd--he got to drive around in the car and try to figure out which door we would come out of after the visit was over.



One of the funnest things I did while I was in Mesa was watch Jill and Todd try to dress little Lena! Dressing a baby isn't the easiest thing--but when you don't know how to do it--that is very funny to watch. I sat and laughed--a lot!


On Sunday, all of the LDS wards in Arizona cancelled church because they allowed members with recommends to attend the Gila Valley Temple dedication. Todd arranged for me to see their Bishop and get one. It was wonderful. It brought back many good memories of our temple dedication last August.

Jill wanted me to help her try and take some photos of Lena. Jill had checked into how much it would be to have professional photos done, and when she found out it would cost $600 she decided to try to do it herself. We had lots of fun doing it. This was one of my favorite ones:


We knew it was time to quit when we tried to do one of her in a sling. By that time little Lena had decided she was done, and none of them worked. Here is a photo to show you what we tried to do. As you can see, it wasn't working very well.



But my favorite part of the trip was just holding sweet little Lena. I feel like I have been spoiled all month with holding sweet little babies. First Joseph, then Lena, and then back to little Eli (who now looks HUGE).












This is my favorite photo I took of little Lena as it shows her eyes open, her sweet little face, and her legs. Because she was breech in the womb for so long, she either has this little frog pose or holds her feet straight out. . .









like this!









But it wasn't all fun. I had to work hard too. I made a Roman shade to go in their living room window. Here is Todd working hard to help me hang it up. He looks a bit like an old pirate here. Ahoy matey. Don't mess with Todd!















Jill says she hasn't seen any photos of Eli since January. So here is one of Eli when we went to the graveyard Memorial Day weekend to decorate graves. He has discovered his thumb.





Here is all of us--except for Matthew, who is taking the photo. Matthew, Brent and I also went to decorate my parents graves too. I am adding a little video of Eli we took at the graveyard showing how he has discovered his tongue. I thought it was kind of cute.


Matthew is out of school for the summer, so next time I can show you all the fun things we do.